Author Topic: Empire training  (Read 495 times)

Skymaster

• View Profile
Empire training
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
Newbe here, going thru the hiring process I think.  What's  the training program like?  Training contract?  Home is Spokane, can Capt Jack speak to that base?  Holiday cheer to all. 

Av8tr1

• I AM Han Solo
    • View Profile
Re: Empire training
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
Welcome!  It's a great company.  We joke that we are stuck in the 80s but the 80s were a great time to be a pilot. 

No training contract.   

Training is a few weeks of ground school in Coeur d'Alene.  Jeff our instructor is a great guy and has TONs of stories.  The guy knows everything about the Van.
Then off to Flight safety in Wichita for sim.  We recently changed from a simcation to you do a check ride at the end of sim training.  Your instructor is a former Empire PDX pilot.  Flew them for 25 years out of PDX. 
Then you head to somewhere in the system for a week of flight training and a check ride.  But since we recently changed the process I am not sure where the checkrides happen or what we do with flight training now.  But normally it's wherever we have an opening with one of our instructors. 

I broke my wrist back in October so I have been grounded since then and haven't moved to GEG yet.  But I head out next week and "hopefully" will be back on the line in late Dec in GEG. 

Send me a PM with your info and I'll give Alan a heads up about your app. 
I am a leaf on the wind!